Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fall Hiking in Utah and Arizona, Part Three

Southern Utah, Saturday, Grand Staircase Hoodoos, Lower Antelope, Horseshoe Bend: The third day of this four day journey started outside of Kanab, Utah applying for a permit (through a lottery system) to the Wave for Sunday. I was drawn, and then headed for some Hoodoos in Grand Staircase National Monument. The formations and landscape were breath-taking to say the least. After about an hour of hiking and shooting, it was time to head toward  Page, Arizona and Lower Antelope Canyon. Lower Antelope is just amazing! Impossible to describe, but images help. :) From Antelope, I went to Horseshoe Bend, along the Colorado River by Page, Arizona. This is a cool location and I wish I had a wider lens to do it justice, but I think I got a good image to show off it's 1000-foot drop to the river below in a nice horseshoe shape. That evening, I reserved a Motel room in Page, Arizona and didn't realize that the 7th Annual Balloon Regatta was happening that weekend! There were 26 Hot Air Balloons lining the main street in Page for a spectacular Balloon Glow! I talked with a few of the Balloonists and found out that they were planning a Mass-Ascension in the morning with over 70 Balloons! More on that in Part 4. Until then, enjoy!

~ Glenn B.
   


No comments: