Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A fun shoot with a HS Senior in Alaska

My very first assignment when I arrived in Alaska, was to shoot a HS Senior in Eagle River. I got my rental truck, got directions, and off I went from the airport to meet Bridget and her daughter, Victoria for the shoot. We briefly had discussed what they wanted over a great lunch prepared by Bridget (thank you), and then drove to the shoot location that had 2 beautiful horses. Once there, we began shooting and the weather actually cleared up as the shoot progressed. It was almost as if I brought some good weather up to them from Vegas. Victoria was a trooper and quickly relaxed and got into the "shooting mood" and just focused on what we were doing and I think that comes through in the images below. One thing I feel is very important is building a trust and a comfort level between the photographer and the subject. Although Bridget and Victoria differed on what would look good as a senior portrait, the end images came out beautiful. See for yourself....



No comments: